Pioneer Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital, essentially the county hospital for Sweet Grass County, Montana: Population 3700. We are in a beautiful valley along the Yellowstone River, between three mountain ranges, just north of Yellowstone National Park. We serve our neighbors (ranchers, skilled trades people and active retirees) and the many tourists who come here on their way to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, or to fish the Yellowstone, hike, bike, hunt or just get away from overcrowded places. Big Timber is a vibrant and welcoming small town, an hour from Bozeman and Billings. Our schools are highly rated, with high community support.
Pioneer Medical Center has an immediate opening for a full and part-time licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to join our hospital’s patient care team.
Registered Nurse Job Description
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporate
evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality
outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of
care while maintaining professionalism.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Common policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Code of Conduct
• Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques
• Regulatory standards (i.e., State Survey, OSHA, Patient Safety Standards, etc.)
• Computers and electronic applications
• Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
• Patient safety standards
• Interpersonal communication
• Collection and analysis of information to develop evidence-based plans of care related to specific interventions and goals.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Utilize time management concepts and maximize time effectively
• Work effectively with interdisciplinary care team
• Give attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient care problems, and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Respond calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
COMPLEXITY & DIFFICULTY:
• Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
• May be required to work in various areas of the facility for varying periods of time
• Practices within the scope of RN licensure
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification, ACLS, PALS, TNCC or CALS required
• Current Montana state license as a Registered Nurse required
• Normal patient care environment in acute care hospital
• Utilization of computers for clinical and financial database systems
Blood Borne Pathogen Category: Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body, fluids, tissues.
Airborne Contaminant Category: Category I: Tasks that routinely require activities that may involve
exposure to airborne contaminants.
Look through our website, www.pmcmt.org, the Facebook groups "Big Timber Community" and "Big Timber Buzz” or call our HR Manager at 406.932.4603 for more information about the area and this role.
Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.'