This position is situated in the Pioneer Medical Center's Rural Health Clinic. Under the general supervision of the Clinic Manager, performs assigned receptionist and administrative duties in accordance with established procedures.
1. Supports and practices the mission and philosophy of PMC.
2. Answers multi-line telephones, directs calls and takes messages as needed.
3. Receives/greets and assists visitors whenever possible or directs to the appropriate individual or department as needed.
4. Accepts payments and co-payments and writes receipts and balances cash box daily.
5. Completes on line registration information gathering demographic and insurance information. This includes obtaining passport provider information and accident information which results in the ability to provide correct information for patients, guarantor and insurance follow-up.
6. Sorts, routes and distributes incoming mail, transcription and diagnostic reports appropriately and timely. Ensures outgoing mail is ready for pickup at the designated time.
7. Schedules physician appointments with PMC medical providers.
8. Orders and maintains office supply inventory.
9. Distributes physician schedules and calendars.
10. Utilizes quality improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
11. Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
12. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
14. Completes administrative and clinical filing.
15. Scans records into EMR as necessary.
16. Retrieves medical records electronically for medical records requests. Makes copies of paper records if necessary.
17. Assists nursing staff in delivering lab specimens to PMC lab and escorts patients to lab and x-ray when needed.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Previous experience as a receptionist/secretary, preferred
3. Prior health care experience, helpful
4. Prior Electronic Health Record experience (especially with Cerner), helpful