Pioneer Medical Center is seeking a Medical Assistant for our Clinic.
The clinic team works Mon-Friday, plus a half-day on Saturday every 2 weeks.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package, and the opportunity to live & work in a beautiful place!
We are, essentially, the county hospital for Sweet Grass County, Montana. We are in a beautiful valley along the Yellowstone River, between Bozeman and Billings, between three mountain ranges, just north of Yellowstone National Park. We serve our neighbors (ranchers, miners, tradespeople and retirees) and the many tourists who come here on their way to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, to fish the Yellowstone or to hike, bike, hunt or just get away from overcrowded other places. Our schools are very good, with a lot of community & parent support. Our housing prices are very attractive. We're a vibrant & stable small town, with welcoming people, in a beautiful region of a calm and 'live & let live' state
Call or email our HR group for more information about this position, at 406.932.4603, ext. 311 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and see the FB groups "Big Timber Community" and "Big Timber Buzz" to get a look into what living in our area is like.
Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The job description:
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager _____________________________________________________________________________________
PURPOSE / DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
Under the supervision of the medical providers, assists in putting clinic patients in rooms, obtains vital signs, chief complaint and list of medications. Assists as the physician, physicians’ assistant, or nurse practitioner deems fit in simple procedures. Obtains urine specimens, stool specimens, and other simple procedures as deemed appropriate by the medical staff. Does clerical tasks such as filing, answering phones, ordering supplies, and other duties as requested by billing personnel or RN.
1. Supports and practices the mission and philosophy of PMC
2. Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental educational requirements
3. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care
4. Receives and prepares patient for examination and treatment as directed. Obtains and records history and vital signs. Documents in the electronic medical record, according to protocol. Collects laboratory specimens as needed
5. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary supplies and instruments. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization. Prepares purchase orders and submits to CSR for re-stocking of exam and procedure rooms
6. Assists physicians and mid-level practitioners in preparing for minor procedures and physical exams as they deem appropriate.
7. Assists with scheduling admissions, appointments, diagnostic tests, treatments, and Identifies and anticipates problems concerning safety and infection control issues and Considers and bases care appropriately on the age and cultural background of the procedures
8. Initiates appropriate action. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance. Participates and offers input in Quality Improvement activities
9 Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff, and all others patient
10. Provides instructions to patients as directed by the medical provider
11. Maintains patient electronic medical records and other information. Adheres to confidentiality requirements. Performs other clerical duties as assigned
12. Compiles statistical data for reports or Quality Improvement activities as directed
13. Attends required meetings and in-services
14. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside safety standards relevant to job performance
15. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action
16. Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization
COMPLEXITY & DIFFICULTY
Under the supervision of a medical provider, initiates and performs patient care/treatment as governed by the Board of Medical Examiners and according to PMC policies and procedures.
Normal patient care environment in a clinic setting. May be required to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Category I: Task that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.