PURPOSE/ DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
Under the general supervision of the Imaging Manager performs all diagnostic testing ordered by providers within the scope of facility’s capabilities and according to departmental policies and procedures. The Radiology Technologist must be capable of completing routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting equipment and making value judgements related to patient and control results.
1. Supports and practices the mission and vision of Pioneer Medical Center.
2. Will accurately perform procedures and exams as outlined in departmental procedure manuals for all area of x-ray and CT, including maintenance, with minimal supervision.
3. Will work each shift, which is assigned by the supervisor unless illness or family emergency occurs. In this event the supervisor or an alternate must be notified before the duty hour in time to find a replacement, if necessary.
4. Will maintain adequate documentation of all work, equipment maintenance, and communications with providers.
5. Will report any problems or discrepancies to supervisor.
6. Will engage in continuing education studies as outlined in the licensure laws of the State of Montana for the purpose
of keeping current and proficient in the field.
7. Will perform other duties as assigned or necessary to departments or organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Basic knowledge of medical science commensurate with technical level of pertinent
department (i.e., physics and anatomy for X-ray).
2. Confidentiality requirements.
3. Medical terminology and use of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
4. Knowledge of state and federal regulations on an ongoing basis.
1. Multi-tasking and time management.
2. Troubleshooting, calibration, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
3. Implementing and performing all standard testing methodologies commensurate with proper instrumentation use.
4. Verifying the validity of patient results through evaluation of quality control.
5. Working knowledge of implementation of QC policies and procedures in x-ray.
1. Endure prolonged periods of standing and bending while performing and collecting tests
2. Stoop to reach under cabinets and stretch to reach items on shelving that may be bulky and heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
3. Work independently.
4. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Work at multi-tasking with frequent interruptions.
6. React professionally when dealing with difficult patient and emergency situations
7. Follow all proper safety precautions as this work involves frequent exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious materials as well as caustic, poisonous and flammable
chemicals, reagents dye and stain.
COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
Failure to properly perform sometimes multi-step procedures in acquiring diagnostic data in this job can very negatively impact
patient disease outcome, perhaps even mortality.
1. ARRT Certification (American Registry of Radiology Technologist)
2. Possession of, or qualification for, current State of Montana license
3. One year experience in radiology.
Candidate is required to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays and share on call responsibilities. Be able to complete management responsibilities in a timely fashion during other work responsibilities.
Category I: This job involves regular exposure to blood, body fluids and tissues, which are potentially infectious materials. Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: PRN
Pay: $1,000/weekend (62 hrs. on-call), lodging provided.
How to Apply: Complete application at https://pmcmt.org/uploads/Appl... and email to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call 406.932-4603 with any questions.