Pioneer Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital, essentially the county hospital for Sweet Grass County, Montana: Population 3700. We are in a beautiful valley along the Yellowstone River, between three mountain ranges, just north of Yellowstone National Park. We serve our neighbors (ranchers, skilled trades people and active retirees) and the many tourists who come here on their way to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, or to fish the Yellowstone, hike, bike, hunt or just get away from overcrowded places. Big Timber is a vibrant and welcoming small town, an hour from Bozeman and Billings. Our schools are highly rated, with high community support.
Pioneer Medical Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Nursing to join our Senior Leadership Team.
The Director of Nursing provides leadership for the development, and advancement of hospital nursing within the organization. Ensures that a consistent level of nursing care is provided throughout the continuum of care. Is accountable for the quality and cost-effectiveness of nursing services provided within the facility. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures for the facility to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and the care of assigned service lines. Accountabilities include quality of services; short- and long-range planning to achieve goals and objectives; fiscal control; physician and interdepartmental/intradepartmental relations; personnel management. To plan, organize, direct, coordinate, control, evaluate and administer the nursing service of the hospital to meet its stated objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Supports and models behaviors consistent with Pioneer Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety, or job performance.
2. In collaboration with physician leadership and other medical staff, administration, and other health care providers, develops and implements short- and long-range plans, and leads, develops, and revises programs that enhance department services.
3. Leads department in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with physicians and other leadership to assure continuity in pursuing service line/organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
4. Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget.
5. Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department.
6. Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure qualified and competent staff are available to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
7. Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to facility goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
8. Participates in evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology and information management systems that support quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.
9. Identifies and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
10. Reports to CEO.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
· Common policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
· Personal computers, hardware, and software
· Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
· Code of Conduct
· Compliance Program
· HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
· Patient’s rights
· Patient safety standards
· Customer service techniques
· Regulatory, legal and accreditation standards (i.e., state survey, OSHA,)
· Health care environments and trends
· Demonstration of leadership and empowerment principles
· Budgeting and fiscal controls
· Human resource management
· Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
· American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
· Patient safety standards
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills
· Application of leadership skills
· Adhering to human resource management policies, procedures, and guidelines
· Budgeting and fiscal controls
· Interpersonal skills necessary to instruct and comfort patients and their families and maintain effective contacts with a variety of hospital personnel and physician.
· Analytical skills necessary to prepare evidence-based nursing care plans, coordinate and implement effective nursing care and
to develop solutions to problems concerning patients mental or physical well-being
· Incorporate cultural diversity and age-appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Interpret policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and take appropriate action
· Utilize time management concepts to maximize time effectively
· Work independently
· Maintains flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
· Concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient care problems, and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
COMPLEXITY & DIFFICULTY:
· Decisions impacting human resource management may have legal implications
· Decisions concerning patient care can have impact on service line and quality of care
· Decisions regarding budgeting and fiscal control have direct impact to the financial viability of the organization
· Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
· May be required to work on varied nursing units for varying periods of time
· Practices within the scope of Registered Nurse licensure
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing
· 2-3 years of clinical experience in a hospital setting; critical access hospital and ER experience desirable
· Demonstrated management/leadership and program management skills
· Current Montana licensure as a Registered Nurse
· Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS CPR certification required
· Current Montana driver’s license and the ability to be insured to operate vehicles
· Lean six sigma certification desirable
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
· Normal patient care environment in critical care hospital
· Utilization of personal computers for clinical and financial database systems
· Able to perform responsibilities with frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category: Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. Airborne Contaminant Category: Category I: Tasks that routinely require activities that may involve exposure to airborne contaminants.
Look through our website, www.pmcmt.org, the Facebook groups "Big Timber Community" and "Big Timber Buzz” or call our
HR Manager at 406.932.4603 for more information about the area and this role.
Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
How to Apply: Complete application at https://pmcmt.org/uploads/Appl... and email to HR at email@example.com.
Call 406.932-4603 with any questions.