EVS TECHNICIAN - (HOUSEKEEPING)
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
About this job:
Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports and practices the mission and philosophy of PMC.
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) as outlined for housekeeping department.
- Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Cleans floors using dry mops, wet mops, brooms and floor cleaning equipment, disinfecting where necessary.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals and chemical mixtures in all aspects of cleaning duties.
- Cleans movable and stationery furnishings and fixtures; dusts, spot cleans and washes, disinfects where appropriate; polishes where appropriate; changes slip covers, scarves, doilies, etc. when soiled; cleans ledges, shelves, vents; empties, cleans and relines waste baskets; straightens or rearranges furniture as directed; inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to supervisor.
- Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance. Performs safety and infection control procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment. Reports any and all conditions that may interfere with the safety and well-being of residents.
- Cleans carpeting and rugs with appropriate equipment and supplies; cleans bathrooms; cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls as directed; Washes windows and mirrors; replenishes bathroom supplies; cleans walls, windows, doors, ceilings and light fixtures as directed.
- Cleans stairways, entrances and exits; cleans all horizontal surfaces as directed; removes for cleaning and rehangs curtains and drapes.
- Removes waste and disposes of waste and trash.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and disinfection practices
- Proper and safe handling and use of chemicals used in housekeeping
- Resident's Rights
- Confidentiality requirements
- Planning and organizing daily cleaning routines
- Cleaning procedures
- Effective time management
- Accomplish effective cleaning practices in reasonable time frames
- Work in cooperation with other facility staff
- Work independently, without continuous supervision
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Frequently stand, sit, lift, bend, push, and move intermittently during working hours
- Lift 40 pounds
- React professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
COMPLEXITY & DIFFICULTY:
Housekeeping procedures are minimally complex but require attention to detail in order to maintain adequate sanitation and cleanliness in a health care environment
- Physical ability to perform job assignments
Normal patient care environment in a long term care and residential living facility. May be required to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.