Pioneer Medical Center is essentially, the county hospital for Sweet Grass County, Montana: Population 3700. We are in a beautiful valley along the Yellowstone River, between three mountain ranges, just north of Yellowstone National Park. We serve our neighbors (ranchers, skilled trades people and active retirees) and the many tourists who come here on their way to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, or to fish the Yellowstone, hike, bike, hunt or just get away from overcrowded places. Big Timber is a vibrant and welcoming small town, an hour from Bozeman and Billings. Our schools are highly rated, with high community support.
Pioneer Medical Center has an immediate opening for a part and full-time Cook positions to join our Dietary team.
Cook Job Description
Prepares food for critical access hospital patients, long term care residents, assisted living residents, employees, guests, and special functions. PM Cook supervises PM dietary aides.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assembles food supplies and equipment needed to complete task.
2. Follows standardized recipes, recalculating amounts to meet production needs and cooks and reheats all foods to correct temperatures.
3. Understands special diets and follows diet orders.
4. Properly cools and stores all foods and leftovers, including covers, labels, and dates.
5. Tests food qualities and identifies and corrects problems before the meal is served.
6. Keeps working environment clean and in sanitary condition.
7. Performs all cleaning duties according to cleaning schedule.
8. Delegates duties to dietary aides to ensure tasks are completed within correct time frames.
9. Assists other dietary personnel as needed.
10. May assist in serving residents in dining room.
11. PM Cook ensures all equipment is shut off and doors are locked.
12. Assists in training new dietary personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
1. Quantity cooking experience preferred.
2. Ability to calculate recipe changes to meet productions.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally within a multi-function team.
4. Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service-oriented environment.
5. Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
1. 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
2. Frequent standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, talking, and hearing.
3. Occasional sitting, pushing (wt. 100+), pulling (wt. 100+), color vision.
1. Ability to read and write.
2. Ability to do simple math.
3. Ability to learn special diets.
4. Good personal hygiene.
1. Environmental exposure to weather, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, dust, vapors, fumes and odors.
2. May be required to work weekends and holidays.
Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.'