Would it be meaningful to know that your meals, and your service, are one of the high points of the day for several of your neighbors? This role can offer that. Pioneer Medical Center has openings for friendly & dependable people ready to do meaningful work.
Our full-time positions are for Servers ("Dietary Aides") and Server-Cooks, making and serving meals to hospital patients, our long-term care residents and those living in our Assisted Living apartments. Competitive pay & benefits.
Our part-time Server ("Dietary Aide") roles are ideal for those wanting a few hours each day, serving an early dinner Monday-Friday and a share of all three daily meals on the weekends. Most of our coworkers in this position are students, but other applicants are equally considered. Competitive pay, benefits.
For more information, call or email our HR group: 406.932.4603, ext. 311 or email@example.com.
You can download an app from this website, or pick up one at our main Reception desk. Drop them off here at the hospital or send them to the email shown above.
Pioneer Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Job Description:
Responsible for the food preparation for nursing home and contracted services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
2. Tests food qualities.
3. Is familiar with therapeutic diets.
4. Reports problems, and concerns to Dietary Supervisor.
5. Completes all daily duties within designated time frames.
1. Takes telephone messages when necessary and relays to the appropriate individuals.
2. May be required to assist other dietary personnel as needed in the overall efficiency of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Prior related work experience is preferred but not required. Must be able to read and write legibly and do basic mathematical calculations. Must be able to learn special dietary restrictions.
Must have good visual, hearing and communication abilities. Stands and/or walks during majority of the work shift. Position could involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues.
Works in clean, well lighted well ventilated area. Must become knowledgeable in use of all kitchen equipment.
1. Reading and Writing – Reads all labels, names, diet cards, daily specials, switch lists, and tally sheets.
2. Mathematics – Adds daily counts, tally sheets, and daily specials.
3. Equipment Operations – Runs blender, grinder, can opener, microwave oven, slicer, coffee maker, knife and range.