Prepares food for critical access hospital patients, long term care residents, assisted living residents, employees, guests, and special functions. PM Cook supervises PM dietary aides.
- Assembles food supplies and equipment needed to complete task.
- Follows standardized recipes, recalculating amounts to meet production needs and cooks and reheats all foods to correct temperatures.
- Understands special diets and follows diet orders.
- Properly cools and stores all foods and leftovers, including covers, labels, and dates.
- Tests food qualities and identifies and corrects problems before the meal is served.
- Keeps working environment clean and in sanitary condition.
- Performs all cleaning duties according to cleaning schedule.
- Delegate’s duties to dietary aides to ensure tasks are completed within correct time frames.
- Assists other dietary personnel as needed.
- May assist in serving residents in dining room.
- PM Cook ensures all equipment is shut off and doors are locked.
- Assists in training new dietary personnel.