Activites Aide (PRN)
Under the general supervision of the Activity Manager, will assist with assuring the recreational needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis. The Activity Aide will lead group activities, provide one-to-one/sensory interaction with residents; facilitate independent resident activity as directed by the Activity Manager.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the PMC.
- Assists Activity Manager in developing, planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the activity programs for this facility.
- Assists in the development, administering, and coordinating of department policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Activity Coordinator as required.
- Complete all record keeping functions in a timely manner. Ensure documentation is informative and descriptive for the services provided and of the resident’s response.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing / Activity Manager concerning the operation of the activity department.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Encourage residents to participate in activities to meet their recreational needs.
- Prepare for activities in a timely manner to ensure the necessary supplies and equipment are available.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an activity calendar.
- Provide reading materials in braille, tapes, and records as necessary.
- Assist in providing library service for residents through cooperation with local library.
- Perform personal care center duties when needed.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession. Maintain competency in all organizational policies and procedures relevant to activities.
- Ensure department work areas are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
- Recommend to the Activity Manager / Director of Nursing the equipment and supply needs of the activity department.
- Make periodic rounds to check equipment and supplies to ensure they are working properly and are available to conduct scheduled activities.
- Assist in preparing and planning the activity department’s budget for food, equipment, supplies and labor.
- Be aware of resident rights when working with residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
- High school graduate or equivalent